Interior Designers Of Saskatchewan
News & Events
Browsing tag News | Return to full listing
MASI Design Awards Winners
October 4th, 2017, 7:00PM-9:00PM
Congratulations to all of the award recipients for the 2017 MASI Design Awards!
Thank you to all of our sponsors, judges, guests, and participants for helping us to put together such an amazing opportunity and an evening where we can celebrate the best of the interior design communities in Manioba, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. We hope that you all enjoyed it as much as we did and hope that you will join us again in future years to come.
Congratulations to our newest registered members
November 20th, 2017
Congratulations to Saskatchewan's newest Interior Designers. These members have meet the Educational, Experience and Examination requirements to use the title Interior Designer in the province of Saskatchewan.
Congratulations: Keshia Caplette, Teneille Carter, Pamela Kelly, Tara Lefebvre and Lisa Rohachuk
IDC's Value of Design Awards
May 8th - 25th, 2018
IDC is launching the Value of Design Awards, celebrating Interior Design across Canada.
The Awards will be presented at IDC’s inaugural design symposium in Toronto, Sept. 16-19, 2018
Visit IDC's webpage for more information.
MASI Call For Submissions
July 19th, 2018, 9:00AM-9:00AM
- Registered / Professional members of PIDIM, IDA & IDAS
- Created and ready for occupancy between May 1, 2016 and April 30, 2018
Please complete all forms and submit along with project files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to forms: https://goo.gl/QUAxmt
December 4th - 22nd, 2018
Membership renewal and fees are due and must be post-marked on or before December 22nd, 2018.
This year marks the end of our 2016-2018 continuing education cycle, submit your transcript to email@example.com by December 31st, 2018.
Check your inbox for information on renewals.
If you have any questions about the renewals contact Meghan Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
IDAS Executive Assistant Job Posting
May 29th, 2019
IDAS is a non-profit professional association whose primary functions are to protect public health and safety and regulate its members and the use of the title ‘Interior Designer’ in Saskatchewan. We are also a resource for information for our members and the public and provide networking opportunities, mentoring, continuing education, professional and legislative advocacy. IDAS is a volunteer run organization with approximately 100 members throughout the province. Visit our website www.idas.ca to learn more.
We are seeking a self motivated individual to assist our Council with the administrative tasks of running the Association. The position will be paid hourly. We estimate the position will be a maximum of 10 hours per week with some weeks being less and the bulk being around our two major membership events in early Spring and Fall.
Ideal candidate will:
- Be highly organized and personable to be able to deal with all manner of inquiries in a professional manner and direct to the proper person within IDAS
- Have experience in dealing with non-profit councils, either having worked for one before or having personally volunteered on other councils in the past to understand the working structure
- Have excellent skills in written and verbal communication
- Self motivated to assist building a stronger Association and be a part of interior Design in Saskatchewan
- Be adaptable as needs change as we become more efficient and organized
- Have an understanding of a regulatory body vs other types of non-profit organizations
- Have own office and computer systems to be able to perform all job functions. IDAS does not have physical office space. We use cloud based software for document control at a Council level.
- Be willing to travel within the province for twice yearly events to assist with running the event.
- Must be a resident of Saskatchewan, preferably Prince Albert, Saskatoon or Regina due to where major events are held and where council positions are held.
- As we are in the process of writing new legislation for practice act, experience in writing legislation and government process would be highly valued.
- Collect messages from two local voicemail accounts on a weekly basis
- Reply to the admin email address or forward to the appropriate council members for review and direction
- Maintain an up to date database of members and contact information that must be sent to other organizations monthly, assist in recording member data during renewals in December/January of each year.
- Attend monthly Council meeting to report that months tasks and project for the coming month.
- Assist with communication with sister associations to help public relations position organize events
- Assist with document control by creating a database of all historical data – this could involve scanning archives – Basecamp is the online program used
- Update Policy and procedure manual with direction of Council
- Create templates and organize database for ease of position change over from one council position to the next.
- Create volunteer engagement where possible from membership and help be the consistent contact for members and the public who may not know who to approach.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 /year – paid hourly
Please respond with resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted for follow up interviews.